3 Indian Institutes Out of Top 200 – QS ‘World University Ranking 2021’ 17th edition
- Three educational institutes from India, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, Indian Institute of Science and IIT Delhi feature in the top 200 list of the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2021.
- Institutes from the United States and the United Kingdom and one from Switzerland (ETH Zurich-Swiss Federal Institute of Technology at rank six) dominated the top 10 spots.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) of the United States took the number one spot, followed by Stanford University and Harvard University taking the second and third ranks. California Institute of Technology took the fourth spot while the UK’s Oxford University took fifth place in the ranking.
- Among the Indian institutes to feature in the list, IIT Bombay grabbed the top spot at rank 172 (compared to rank 152 in the last year’s list) while IISc, Bengaluru was at the 185th spot (rank 184 in previous year). IIT Delhi was ranked 193 (as against rank 182 last year) in the globe.
- IIT Madras is ranked at 275 while IIT Kharagpur was at the 314th spot. Delhi University was ranked in the 501-510 slot. A total of 21 institutes from India made it to the list of 1,000 educational institutions in the world.
- In the last year rankings, the same three institutes had made it to the top 200 list. However, a total of 24 institutes from India had made it to the top 1,000 educational institutes list.
- In QS World University Rankings, the institutes are evaluated on six metrics. These include academic reputation (40 percent weightage), employer reputation (10 percent), faculty/student ratio (20 percent), citations per faculty (20 percent), international faculty ratio/student ratio (5 percent each).
- None of the Indian institutes has obtained a rank in top 100 and most Indian institutes have performed worse than last year in this year’s Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings.
About QS World University Ranking-
QS World University Rankings is an annual publication of university rankings by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). Previously known as Times Higher Education–QS World University Rankings, the publisher had collaborated with Times Higher Education (THE) magazine to publish its international league tables from 2004 to 2009 before both started to announce their own versions. QS then chose to continue using the pre-existing methodology while Times Higher Education adopted a new methodology to create their rankings.
- Founder and CEO– Nunzio Quacquarelli
- Headquarters- United Kingdom
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें